Friday, January 27, 2012

An Artful Abundance of Fiber

All the art of living lies in a fine mingling of letting go and holding on.
                                                                                                    Henry Ellis

When it comes to design, every new one that makes it to a finished piece is like, I would imagine, raising a child. The designer nurtures it, watches it grow, makes adjustments along the way, and then releases it into the world to see what becomes of it.

Of course, if one is a needle arts designer, it all starts with the fiber. Here's what is currently on my fiber plate (literally and figuratively):

Biscotte & Cie
Dobby
I let go of it last week. 

Cascade 220 Heathers

Nazli Gelin Garden Metallic Cotton Thread

Berroco Lustra

I'll let go of the above three between now and the end of February.

This living is indeed an art.

Check in with Andrea's blog to see everyone else's artful pursuits this Fee-Fi(ber)-F.O. Friday.

17 comments:

  1. Those yarns are all gorgeous. I know what you mean when you spend so much time picking out the perfect yarn, knitting/crocheting the project then watching it go. Well, as the recipient of your awesome crochet, your projects are well loved and the yarns are always enjoyed but most of all, the workmanship is treasured.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that green and brown is gorgeous! Anxious to see what it became.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I so agree! I loved, loved, loved working with it. And the green has lots of subtle tonality. I, too, can't wait for everyone to see it ... but it's gonna be a while. :)

      Delete
  3. Pretty yarn, can't wait to see what you've been up too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely colors, "Life is indeed about the art of fine mingling, Cheers Marie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great yarn. The metallic cotton and the green rock.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think with that analogy, my last design was a red-headed step-child. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Denise--What beautiful yarn!
    ...and your photographs are so artfully staged this week...wonderful! XXO-

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's a lot of yarn to go through in such a short time. Can't wait to see the projects!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oooh two of my favorite yarns, Cascade and Berroco!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yarn envy.............loving all the colours!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love how you've "plated up" your Muse yarns!
    I am working with Lustra right now and I am in love! I am making Norah Gaughan's Sprouted Cloche and this yarn is like silky sand running through my fingers as I knit. I chose a rusted orange color for my project. Your colorway looks like glazed carrots. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Lustra does indeed have a silky feel, as well as very subtle sheen (very nice!). The colorway shown is ratatouille.

      BTW, you need to contact me via email - I have a pattern for you for one of your George Bailey comments!

      Delete
  12. They are all beautiful but the pink Cascade Heather would be my favorite. Actually, any Cascade Heather gets my attention. I'm also looking forward to seeing what they all become. Happy Fiber Arts Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Can't we even have a little peek of the green knitted or crocheted up? I love the green!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ok ... you asked. Hope you're not too disappointed. :)

      Delete