Friday, April 13, 2012

Intermission at the Re-arrange

I'm taking a much needed time out from my spring interior re-design (it's definitely a seasonal kinda thing) to bring you a few fiber tidbits and treats.

Initially, here's a sneak peek of my design using that lovely Blonde Chicken Boutique laceweight:
 

I know, I know - it's not much, but a gal needs some super top secretz.

Next, I received the following great fiber recently in a swap. I love, love, love this color combination:


Since I haven't been willing to buy this particular line from Debbie Bliss (there's a labeling dispute), it's been great petting it. And the Schulana has a little bling in it - just my cup of fiber.

Finally, we're just a little more than a week away from the 3rd annual Knitting and Crochet Blogging Week, and I thought I'd provide a link to the list of topics. Even if you can't blog every day, I'd urge everyone to post on those days that the topic particularly moves you. I'm looking forward to a blog-reading frenzy - I found several blogs last year that I still read (albeit on a more limited basis these days).

Speaking of blogs to read ... now head on over to Andrea's blog to see what fiber topics have moved everyone else this week. And hey - enjoy your fiber responsibly.

9 comments:

  1. Aw, your super sneak peak definitely has me curious.

    I had better go check out Blog Week topics. Yikes! It will be here before we know it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can we have a close-up on the Schulana ? I wanna see the bling :-) I also won't buy *any* Debbie Bliss, for the same reason: if I'm paying for cashmere, I need to know there's actual cashmere in it ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice yarns! I probably won't be doing blog week, but would love to read your entries.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are sneaky with your blurry picture! Can't wait to see the big picture!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The thought of blogging every day is daunting! I shall check out the link, though, thanks for providing it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the baby cash; I'm using it right now for a commissioned beanie.
    I read about the topics for this year's KCBW; they're fun and make you think about your own fiber crafting.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my gosh, your blog re-do is awesome! Crisp. Clean. Love it!

    I'm on the fence with the blog week... I've drafted a few ideas so we'll see. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those colors do look great together! I like the sparkly in the Schulana, but does it make it scratchy? Hmm, it looks like it has mohair in it, which would be scratchy to me, anyway. It's so pretty, though.

    ETA: Your captcha thing really doesn't like me today!

    ReplyDelete