Friday, June 8, 2012

Anyone for an Online Book Launch?

As I mentioned on Wednesday, I'm co-captaining a Ravelympics team for Cooperative Press. A group of designers and CP fans are gearing up to knit and crochet all manner of patterns from Cooperative Press-published books.

By the time of the games' opening ceremonies, we'll have several more titles from which to choose. Cooperative Press, the indie publisher that can, continues it's 2012 publishing frenzy with the first four titles in its Fresh Designs series. Knit scarves, shawls, womens' sweaters and designs for men are slated for release - and there's going to be an online launch party! It's the afternoon of Saturday, 6/30, and it's free, but you'll need an event ticket, so go here to get yours.

I'm excited about this for a few reasons - this series has been in the making for at least the last year, so seeing the fruits of Cooperative Press and the designers' hard work will be a real thrill. I also want to support my fellow designers ... and maybe I'll spot a design or two that I might like to craft during Ravelympics.

And if any of you are looking for a Ravelympics team, and want to get in on the Cooperative Press wonderful madness, there's still plenty of time to join the team. You know prizes will be involved.

Now make certain you check in at Andrea's blog to see what other prizes everyone has been working on this Fee-Fi(ber)-F.O. Friday.

Floating Together, a canvas I created in 2009 while I
was exploring squares


4 comments:

  1. oooh, I will have to check this out. Especially to see all of the artists who have gathered with their beautiful patterns.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your team is so well organized! Since I'm on a different team, does it make us competitors? on the other hand I have friends belong to different teams. It'll be fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What fun y'all have! I'll be on the sidelines watching and reading I'm afraid. Trying to get a few projects off of 'da tables so I can start designin'.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just registered. Thanks for the info, it sounds like a a great event!

    ReplyDelete