Monday, July 23, 2012

VK Crochet: 2nd Installment

Happy new week, everyone! In this second installment of my look at finished interperetations of crochet patterns from the recent Vogue Knitting crochet special edition, let's take a look at one of the most amazing interpretations I've seen yet.




Design: #7 Long Dress by Kristin Omdahl

Kristin Omdahl is known for her intricate lace crochet pieces, and this stunning dress doesn't disappoint. Ankle length, it's drama comes in equal parts from the length as well as the amazing lace stitch sections that are pieced together to make the skirt.

And now for the amazing interpretation:


Peggy has absolutely rocked this dress! She took her engineering background and re-engineered the entire pattern to fit both her figure as well as the yarn she used (green variegated Araucania Lonco Multi). She then created a simple green sheath to go underneath the dress, added some great chunky jewelry, et voila - she is so ready for sunset cocktails on the boat.

Who says you have to be runway-thin to be chic? Maybe we need to reimagine who's on the runway.

My sincere thanks to Peggy for kind use of her photo.

Look for another installment of real-life FOs from the VK crochet special edition next week.

5 comments:

  1. Fabulous! I can't imagine making a crochet dress, but kudos to Peggy for making it work beautifully. I agree with you and who's on the runway. I'd much rather see a woman who embraces her curves!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the nice write-up on my dress! I loved making it and will be wearing it Friday nite to my favorite yarn store where 20+ of us will be "casting on" for the KAL we will doing while the Olympic games are going on. Don't know if my project will be crochet or knit at this point. peg

    ReplyDelete
  3. She was rockin' that. I like her spunk.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oooh, I love what she did and all the sassy that she is showing with that dress.

    ReplyDelete