Friday, August 2, 2013

The End of the JAL ...


A beautiful purple play

... and the finished pieces are great. I cannot tell you how pleased I am with these wonderful interpretations of two of my designs from Fleurs et L'eau.


Initially, here's the first completed non-test Le Bateau project (although there are others in process, including another one from yours truly):

Isn't the color just gorgeous?
 
Of course, I'm a sucker for purple, so I love, love, love how this project turned out. The body of the shawl is Rowan Fine Lace and the edging is worked in KnitPick's Shimmer Hand-dyed Lace. As you can see from the initial photo above, the edging variegation speaks well with the purple in the body of the shawl. (And I do note that all photos are used with the respective owners' kind permission.)
 
Additionally, there were several Climbing Vines Cowls completed:


Take 1: In Wollmeise 100% merino superwash in a great tonal rose colorway named "Babe;" and


Take 2: Again, in Wollmeise 100% merino superwash, this time in the "Pfefferminz Prinz" colorway. Gotta love those colorway names.
 
And last, but by no means least, one participant worked the pattern as a stole using two different colors of KnitPick's Aloft, and then gifted it on the occasion of her mom's 93rd birthday:
 
 Didn't that turn out spectacularly?

A hearty thank you to each of my JAL participants. The thread will be there for anyone who might want to look at process photos or see if any questions were asked that might be helpful (and really, only Le Bateau questions were asked; no one seemed to need any explanation for Climbing Vines). Additionally, I'll be working on some of my works-in-progress, as well as a few fall versions of the Fleurs et L'eau cardigans here, so if anyone is interested, do feel free to join in. I seemed to have stalled after I completed the body of my own One if By Hook cardi (and, although Vivian at Bits and Pieces indicated she looked for the much-sought-after cone of yarn, without success, prior to her vacation with Henry, I have no idea if that means she no longer has it, or whether she needs to look again, and/or whether I need to go searching for more yarn), but I've also had other, more pressing projects, on my plate.
 
Don't forget to check in at Wisdom Begins in Wonder to see how everyone is faring post-Tour de Fleece.

9 comments:

  1. The shawl variations are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll look for the cone again, if it turns out it'd be a nice surprise, but don't count on it :-(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for letting me know. I'll give it a little time, and if the wayward cone is a no-show, I'll start looking for a substitute. :)

      Delete
  3. OMG! I LOVE that purple. I'm not a purple girl but that is absolutely delicious. I haven't posted in your group but I've been stalking the project pages and LOVE the different versions of your patterns.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the purple Fleurs et L'eau shawl.....I'll have to check out your projects page...beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are fantastic projects, they really showcase your gorgeous designs. I really like the top purple one and the last one, contrasting colours work great.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous FOs from a gorgeous pattern!

    ReplyDelete