Sunday, December 1, 2013

Day 2 of the 8 Days of Designs: Hat Fun

Welcome to my second design from the latest Romantique collection, and they are 
decidedly on the fun side of romance:


 
Say hello to two slightly different versions of the Persephone Hood. Since I'm always so warm (just color me polar bear), I don't wear hats all that much. However, this one I'd probably don - and yes, they're warm, but they also sit lightly on the head yet stay in place because of the shape. It's inspired from a bob haircut - slightly shorter in the back and longer in the front. That extra little bit of weight in the front (and the pompoms on the left-hand side version also helps with weight) allows it to stay on the head.
 


And of course, there's no accounting for the pompom fun factor, as well as the fur trim on the purple version - just perfect, in my biased estimation.

These were the last projects to be photographed during this shoot and it shows, not only in the smiles and silliness of the models (we'd been at for a few hours and a few locations at the site) as well as the lengthening shadows at day's end. I like that it makes the hoods become an even more integral part of the scene - one of the hoods remained on the model during shooting of a different piece, and it just worked.

And if you haven't yet seen the pattern preview book, I provide it again here for your easy viewing:


I'll see you tomorrow for Day 3. :)

3 comments:

  1. ooooh, I adore the cream one. It's a beautiful design and would amazing in handspun yarns.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhh, I love the cream one too! Si belle!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Agree with Andrea, would look great in handspun :)

    ReplyDelete