Monday, September 5, 2016

It's Wardrobe Weather Time, Folks!

In the United States we celebrate Labor Day the first weekend in September. It is always a time of renewal and beginning for many, myself included. Growing up, if I was going to get any new clothing, Labor Day weekend would be the time, right before the start of the new school year. 

Old habits die hard, but in this instance why should they die at all? Who doesn't like a new outfit or a quick accessory to spruce up a perhaps slightly tired closet? Look no further as I enthusiastically raise my hand! So I hope you will join me in the final group make of my 5-year design celebratory year as I, along with other fellow maker peeps, get together in my Ravelry group and create some fall wardrobe magic.

I'll be making (I think, time permitting), another New Wave Skirt, a Bomber-inspired Hoodie Vest (I have been hankering for one of these for my very self for a long while now), and of course a new Mixlace Poncho in greens and creams. (An aside: I cannot believe there's already two Ravelry projects started for this design, and one maker is already done! Ahhhhmazing in the best possible way.)

I'll also be sharing how I am revamping my wardrobe one outfit at a time with some additional Wardrobe Wednesday posts between now and the end of October. I do love this time of year, and I hope you'll join me in getting your maker wardrobe on.


No comments:

Post a Comment