Thursday, February 2, 2017

Anyone for a Slouchy Cardi?

Now that A La Maison 2 is finally published, we can get on with the lovely business of making. First up, for me and several others, is The Cozy Chic Cardi. I am hosting a CAL in my Ravelry group, and there are others who are just starting to pick yarn for this project. 

At right is my original sample for this design, worked in Drops Baby Alpaca Silk. I am an unabashed fan of Drops yarns, and Baby Alpaca silk in particular. I could make almost everything in this lovely silky mix, which has really wonderful drape and softness. However, the color range is a little on the uninspiring side. I really wanted this cardi in teal, so I opted for Plan B, Drops Flora. Shown on the left in the awesome petrol colorway, it was exactly what I wanted. Technically lighter in weight than the Baby Alpaca Silk, I am confident I will easily achieve gauge with the Flora and, perhaps, a hook adjustment. While I am losing a little bit of softness (but not much, the Flora is a wool/alpaca blend, so still high up there on the softness register), the wool will help in this garment, since I plan on getting loads of wear out of it.

The CAL goes through March 11, so everyone has plenty of time to join us and make one of these lovely cardigans. Your wardrobe will thank you. 



No comments:

Post a Comment